A bathroom renovation is one of the most popular renovation projects for homeowners. If you are considering a bathroom renovation, read this article first. Our seasoned experts have put together their top dos and don’ts of bathroom renovation.
- Save photos of bathroom styles and bathroom renovations you like for inspiration
- Consider neutral colours. This will help with the resale of your home if, by chance, you elect to do so in the future. Neutrals are timeless.
- Define your budget before you start your renovation.
- Define your priority list before you start your renovation.
- Consider your lifestyle. For example, if you are the busy parent of three kids under 12 years old you are likely to opt for a different bathroom renovation than a single woman in her twenties.
- Avoid being too bold with the design. Yes, you should absolutely have your bathroom reflect your unique, personal style. The warning here is that too bold can be a bad thing. Styles might change, or you might decide to move, and the orange shag carpet you loved will be a real pain in the you know what.
- There are many areas where you can save money in bathroom renovations; anything to do with water is not one of them. Showers, sinks, tubs and toilets are some of the most heavily used items in your home. Invest in quality here.
- Remember to create enough space for functional storage. This is often a crucial item homeowners neglect in their home renovations.