Home renos can be exciting because you can visualize the end result and feel that your home will finally be the space you were hoping for. Whether you bought a fixer-upper or your growing family requires something different, there are a few things you should always avoid when it comes to home renos.
- Delay Decisions – If you make up your mind, then decide to wait, and then make up your mind again, it can delay your project and make your contractor confused about what you want. If you make a decision, stick to your guns.
- Materials Caution – While it may be tempting to help out by purchasing your own materials, here’s a word of caution. Often your contractor may be able to get the materials you need through better avenues than your typical big box store and also help you save money in the long run.
- No Savings – When it comes to home renos, there is always a chance that something unexpected will come up. Make sure you have a contingency fund that will cover extras that you hadn’t originally planned for.
- In the Way – While it may be tempting to help at every turn, on the other hand, it could cause distractions that put your project on pause. During home renos, your contractor can be trusted to the job, and you’ll worry less if you let them worry about the details.
- No Design – For home renos, planning is everything. Make sure you have a design and plan of action to help you stay on track and on time. That way, you can enjoy your home again in less time and with great results.
At Redwood Homes Inc., we are equipped to help you with all your home renos, from the design phase to completing construction. Let us help you achieve your goals – contact us today to get started.